Aldi has launched a new range of ‘Slim Free’ ready meals nationally this week, which look similar to products produced by Iceland for Slimming World.
The products are near-identical on weight, contain slightly less calories than the Iceland products, and are a pound cheaper (£1.99 per meal).
The range includes:
- Slim Free Meatballs and Pasta, 550g
- Slim Free Chicken Saag, 500g
- Slim Free Chicken Tikka Masala, 500g
- Slim Free Moroccan Vegetable Stew, 550g
- Slim Free Three Bean and Vegetable Chilli, 500g (pictured)
According to Aldi, they are full of ‘lean meat, pasta, pulses and vegetables’.
Currently, Slimming World has not released information on the Syn values of the products, however it has been recommended to check the products through the Syns Calculator.
Using the calculator, with the meat (or pulse) as the free food, we’ve calculated these to be as below:
- Slim Free Meatballs and Pasta, 550g – approximately 10 Syns through calculator
- Slim Free Chicken Saag, 500g – Free
- Slim Free Chicken Tikka Masala, 500g – Free
- Slim Free Moroccan Vegetable Stew, 550g – 0.5 Syn
- Slim Free Three Bean and Vegetable Chilli, 500g (pictured) – Free
Note: Caution should be taken until Slimming World confirm the official Syn values, the above values are using the Syns Calculator.
Of course, no food is banned, therefore it is possible to enjoy these meals as part of Slimming World