Is this weather making you wish you were on holiday somewhere, lounging next to a swimming pool or on the beach? Sadly your back garden may not resemble a hotel in Spain, but here’s a great recipe for Mediterranean Vegetable soup which tastes great warm or cold!
This recipe is syn free on all choices. Serves 4 (freeze some if you’d like to enjoy later!)
1 small butternut squash
1 medium red pepper
1 medium yellow pepper
1 large red onion
2 large beefsteak tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
juice of 1 lemon
a few sprigs fresh rosemary
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2pt chicken stock made with vegetable OXO cubes
rosemary to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 200*c. Halve the squash and scoop out the seeds. Cut each half into four equal pieces. Halve and de-seed the peppers, and cut each half into four pieces.
2. Peel the onion and cut into thick wedges. Remove the stalks from the tomatoes and cut in half. Arrange all the vegetables on a large, non-stick baking sheet or shallow roasting tin.
3. Peel the garlic and slice thinly. Sprinkle over the vegetables along with the lemon juice. Scatter the rosemary on top and season well. Spray lightly with Fry Light and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until tender.
4. Discard the rosemary. Scoop out the flesh from the squash and place in a food processor or blender. Reserving a piece of each pepper and some onion for garnish, add all the other vegetables and 450ml stock, and process for a few seconds until smooth.
5. Transfer to a large saucepan and stir in the remaining stock. Heat through for 4-5 minutes until piping hot.
6. Adjust the seasoning if necessary and ladle into warmed soup bowls. Slice the reserved peppers and onion and place on top along with fresh rosemary to garnish.