Serves 4 – 1 Syn per serving (unless using parmesan cheese as part of a HEA)
- 225g dried pasta
- 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green pepper
- 2 courgettes
- 1 aubergine
- 2 red onions
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped basil, plus a few leaves to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 225g fresh or frozen spinach
- 275g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 25g finely grated vegetarian Parmesan style cheese
Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Cook the pasta in boiling water for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile prepare the vegetables: deseed the peppers and cut into chunks; slice the courgettes; roughly chop the aubergine and peel the red onions and cut into wedges. Place the vegetables in a roasting tin, spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes until softened.
Transfer the vegetables to a bowl. Add the tomatoes, basil and seasoning to taste. Place in an oven-proof dish and arrange the spinach over the top.
Toss the pasta with the fromage frais and arrange over the top of the spinach. Sprinkle with the parmesan and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbling. Divide the pasta bake between 4 serving plates and serve with a crisp green salad.
Tip: This dish works well with any combination of vegetables. Why not try using mushrooms, baby sweetcorn, sliced carrots and spring onions for a change – this will not affect the Syns.